The Sleepy Eye Depot Museum is operated by the Sleepy Eye Historical Society, in a restored 115 year old railroad depot. The museum displays everything 'Sleepy Eye' including items from both world wars, vintage clothing and items from early life in the 1890's and an original telegraph station are all used to tell the story of the depots history. Our local music culture, baseball history and family genealogy of Sleepy Eye residents can be explored as well. Artifacts of the towns Indian heritage are also displayed, coinciding with the large granite obelisk located just east of the building; a monument to our patron Chief Sleepy Eyes.
Visit the Sleepy Eye Depot Museum website for more information HERE
HOURS: Open May through mid-November Wed-Sat. 10am-4pm